Zed Run Horse Guide
What makes each horse unique?If you've been looking around the Zed Run metaverse wondering what makes every horse different then this guide should break it down for you. Not only does each horse have a coat colour, they also have a lineage that is unique to each horse. By lineage we mean the qualities that are passed on through breeding two horses together. There are 5 main parts we'll go through in this article.
- Breed type
- Coat colour
1. GenderIf you're new to horse racing then there are some terms used in horse racing that are passed on to Zed Run too. This stretches to gender also. In terms of gender there are 4 terms used instead of the usual 2. We have females that start off as a 'Filly' and as soon as they have been bred they become a 'Mare'. Likewise with the males, before they have been bred they are termed 'Colt' and become a 'Stallion' on breeding.
2. BloodlineAt the top level there are 4 different bloodlines of horse within the game. We have Nakamoto, Szabo, Finney and Buterin. Nakamotos are the rarest with only 2000 Nakamoto original horses being created into the game! When you breed two horses together, the lowest rarity of horse gets passed on to the offspring as seen in the image below!
3. GenotypeEach horse also comes with a 'z' number. The z number is essentially the purity of a horse. The higher the z number the closer that a horse is to its ancestors. When we discuss the original horses in the game, termed genesis horses (we'll explain this in further down), we can tie the z number of these horses to the bloodline as follows: Nakamoto - z1 or z2 Szabo - z3 or z4 Finney z5, z6 or z7 Buterin z8, z9 or z10 As we breed horses together the z numbers increase too with the following formula: z number of father + z number of mother = z number of offspring This increases all the way to z268!
4. Breed typeAs touched on earlier, genesis horses are the original horses produced by Zed Run and these are available exclusively in drops. There will only ever be 38,000 of these horses ever produced. The breakdown by Bloodline and Genotype can be seen below. From these horses, we can then breed them together to achieve 'Legendary' horses. These are horses made up of the genetics of two genesis horses. From this we can see that all the genetics that exist in the game exists entirely in the original 38,000 genesis horses. We can continue breeding these until we have the following breed types - Genesis, Legendary, Exclusive, Elite, Cross and Pacer. The breeding combinations of mothers and fathers can be seen below.
5. Coat colourThere are 52 unique coat colours on the platform (not including easter egg colours!). They can be seen below, where they are split by the 7 colour groups and the levels of rarity. We have super rare, rare and common coats. The number to the left of each coat refers to the number of z1 genesis horses that will be released with each of those coats too. There is a complex breeding formula too, this can be found on the Zed Run site For easter egg colours we have only seen 1 so far! These are unique colours that are tied to only 1 horse. The easter egg colour 'Fortune' can only be found on the horse 'Billions'. We saw Billions sold for $125,000 only a few months ago, and it is the highest sale to date!
SynopsisBringing this all together we often find ourselves describing horses with these terms. Understanding these can really help getting started in the Zed Universe. For examples these are some of our racers: 'Zombie Boy' is a z10 genesis Buterin Stallion with a Fuzzy Wuzzy coat. 'Hot Stepper' is a z28 Elite Buterin Filly with a Sienna coat.